Pages

Wednesday 8 July 2015

D'lish guest design team 'Get to know me better'

                              

I have been lucky enough to be recently asked to have a part in the dlish guest design team.
In a few day my pieces that I made for dlish scraps will go live on there blog, showing all sorts of awesome products that dlish scraps can offer.
 
I was asked some question so people could get to know me better, so ive added then below.
 
Check out Dlish scarp blog to see all the amazing pieces by all th other ladies
 

Where are you from? Hi all, I'm Tanya Warren, I'm from the western suburbs of Victoria, Werribee. 
Details of your scrapping journey so far ... I started scrapping about 4 years ago, mainly to keep records of the litter of rabbits I was breeding, and my passion for it just grew from there. I've been lucky enough to have my first appearance in a magazine this year and also was lucky enough to be in my first design team, so all happening for me this year.

Define your style ... I haven't really pin pointed my style just as yet, I'm starting to sway more to mixed media, but I still do enjoy doing clean pieces as well. But my love for mixed media is growing and growing.

Where do you draw inspiration from? I do a lot of blog hopping and YouTube tutorials to get inspiration. I attend almost every single one of Beck Beattie's classes, as I learn so much from them and find out how to use products I wouldn't of thought of using in so many ways, her classes are very inspirational. 

What is your go-to embellishment/s? My go to embellishments would have to be flowers, it just makes everything look so pretty, and it makes your work pop more when there's some demotion from the flowers on it.

What's your creative trademark? Something that I am almost doing now in all my pieces is sanding the edge of my photos, I've leant it in a class and I love it, it gives that added interest to your photos with that little distressing.

When you're not scrapping ... When I'm not scrapping I'm working, spend time with my boyfriend, my best friend and her little boys (which they appear a lot in my work)

But I'll have to admit I do spend a lot of my spare time scrapping.

What is your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement would be to of made my first design team this year, as I never would of though a hobby of mine would get noticed and for people to get inspired by me. 

Tell us something fun about yourself! I'm the most easy going, caring person by far, I'm a big kid at heart and still secretly love my looney tunes, yep that's right massive Tweety fan here.

I recently took up crocheting, I am determined to finish a blanket sometime this year, hopefully, maybe, if I get better and quicker at it. 


Thanks for taking the time to have a read about me. 

 

No comments: